The State Coordinator Materials provide an overview of the Campaign at state-level. Items include resources and worksheets to accomplish the key tasks of implementing a successful Campaign program, templates for communication, and a timeline to guide implementation. Each State Coordinator should download and review the resources and contact the ACAC team with any questions.
Making the Case | Building a State Campaign
The following materials are for state campaign coordinators who are in the early years of launching their state campaign or for new state campaign coordinators stepping into the role. These materials will help you audit the college access landscape of your state and determine how to build a steering committee, develop your campaign and enhance it each year.
- Why Join?
- Implementing a College Application Campaign Program – This piece explains the state and site coordinator roles and responsibilities
- State Coordinator Campaign Timeline – This piece outlines the recommended timeline for state campaigns.
- State Partner & Resource Guide
- ACAC Logo – Transparent, Standard
- ACAC Logo – Transparent, Light
Host Site Recruitment and Training Materials
Listed you will find resources such as host site responsibilities, implementation timeline, template invitation letters registration forms and a sample host site training agenda. Some materials can be used as is while others are set up as templates for the state campaign to localize.
- Host Site Recruitment Timeline and Best Practices – This piece covers the recommended timeline for state coordinators to recruit host sites.
- Inviting Host Sites to Participate
- Host Site Registration Form Template
- Host Site Request Letter Template
- Partner Site Request Letter Template
- Host Site Interest Form Template
- Host Site Invitation Letter Template
- Host Site Training Agenda Template
- Host Site FAQ – Defining College
- Host Site Training – Recorded (4 part series)
The following documents are available for recruiting, training and supporting volunteers. You will find resources such as a volunteer management timeline, volunteer audit, template recruitment and thank you letters, and a volunteer training agenda.
- Volunteer Audit Worksheet
- Volunteer Recruitment Overview
- High School Volunteer Recruitment Letter
- Volunteer Recruitment Letter – for Steering Committee
- Volunteer General Information
- Volunteer Task List
- Volunteer Feedback Survey Template
- Volunteer Thank You Letter Template
- Thank You Volunteer Facebook graphic
- Thank You Volunteer Facebook (editable – InDesign)
- Thank You graphic Twitter
- Thank You Graphic Twitter (editable – InDesign)
- Thank You Volunteer Instagram graphic
- Thank You Volunteer Instagram graphic (editable – InDesign)
- Call for Volunteers Facebook graphic
- Call for Volunteers Facebook graphic (editable – InDesign)
- Call for Volunteers Twitter graphic
- Call for Volunteers Twitter graphic (editable – InDesign)
- Call for Volunteers Instagram
- Call for Volunteers INSTAGRAM graphic (editable – InDesign)
Data Collection and Analysis Materials
These resources provide recommendations for tracking and reporting results of your state campaign. It includes resources such as myOptions, a data collection worksheet, host site data collection form, student sign-out form, and tips for sharing your data. Whether your state is in its pilot year or has hosted the campaign for 10 years, these resources will help states strengthen their data management process.
- Why Data Matter
- Data Collection Timeline
- Host Site Data Summary
- Sharing Your Data Worksheet
- Data Collection Worksheet
- myOptions – Student registration for virtual tracking of applications/data collection
- Sample Host Site Data Collection Form
- Student Sign Out Sheet Template – Option 1
- Student Sign Out Sheet Template – Option 2
The following available communication materials should be used to help elevate awareness of statewide campaigns.
2021 National Convening Materials
Each year, the American College Application Campaign team coordinates a national convening. The following are the PowerPoints and resources provided during the convening.
- State Presentation – Colorado: Using an Online Career and Education Platform
- State Presentation – Iowa & Florida: Strategizing the Use of Communication and Partnership Efforts
- State Presentation – Louisiana: College Commitment and Attainment
- State Presentation – Minnesota: Planning to Make a Difference
- State Presentation – Michigan: Data Collection Strategies for Success
- State Presentation – New Hampshire: I Am College Bound I Applied
- State Presentation – North Carolina: Live Online Help Sessions
- State Presentation – West Virginia: Cultivation, Cross Walking & Reinvention
- Partner Presentation – CollegePoint
- Partner Presentation – Eduventures: Post-COVID College Choice
- Partner Presentation – Get Schooled
- Shared Resources from Chat Discussion