By: Bobby Rush, District Manager, ACT State Organizations
ACT State Organizations serves as a volunteer arm for ACT and is bolstered by more than 11,000 members across all 50 states and the District of Columbia. ACT State Organization members include teachers, counselors, administrators, enrollment advisors, access staff, and business professionals.
At a recent national meeting for State Organizations leadership (chairs and chairs-elect) from every state, it became apparent that the general public, including some of those in the room, was not aware of ACT’s Center for Equity in Learning and the great work being done here. In order to remedy this, ACT State Organizations has invited the Center for Equity in Learning to present an informational webinar to promote and share the work of the Center as well as to get feedback from these engaged and influential members of the community. This is one of the first in a series of “member-only” webinars that State Organization members will receive. Not a member? You can join for FREE today to get access to this webinar and future events here!
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, January 24 at 2:00 p.m., CST and will feature Juan Garcia, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships with the Center for Equity in Learning.
ACT’s Center for Equity in Learning
Equity in Education and Career: It’s Everyone’s Business
Come learn how the Center for Equity in Learning activates ACT’s insights to:
- better connect, focus, and leverage ACT’s research in closing equity gaps;
- elevate ACT’s visibility and influence as a mission-driven nonprofit and thought leader; and
- engage and inform external stakeholders, officials, philanthropic organizations, and others to advance ACT’s social impact mission.
If you are interested in joining the more than 11,000 State Organization members, we encourage you to learn more at www.act.org/stateorgs!
Membership is free and open to all who champion the ACT mission—Helping people achieve education and workplace success. Membership benefits include:
- Access to member-only webinars
- Monthly newsletter – Intersections – with the latest information from ACT
- Policy and advocacy support
- Opportunities to serve on committees that provide direct feedback to ACT
- Professional development opportunities